Working in Finance
A vibrant, fast-paced environment with a performance-driven team, exciting projects and responsibilities unlike anywhere else. If this sounds thrilling to you, our finance department may just be the right place to be.
Our finance community consists of 1.200 team members world-wide. We have eight Shared Service Centers, looking after 65 entities across the globe. Because of the way our finance department is organized, you get the chance to work in a global, regional or local role and influence much beyond "just" finance: We drive innovation through cross-functional and international projects, we take a consultative approach towards other functions within Hilti and ensure we're involved in the decisions that will impact our performance.
We systematically develop our people into existing or new roles and we are proud to cover 77% of our open management positions internally. In our finance team, you can be a Finance Business Partner (that's what we call our CFOs), a tool-service Controller or work in a Shared Service Center. If you're straight out of university, you can join us as a Finance Outperformer trainee: there are numerous opportunities.
Let your curiosity shape your career
The finance department offers a large spectrum of different roles, each of them with exciting facets and great opportunities to develop further.
Below, you see a selection of our most common key roles, generally split into the areas of Accounting, Controlling and Process Management. As a team lead, you will also have to show People Development skills. All senior roles have in common that you put a large focus on leadership and strategy by really partnering with the business, delivering business critical advice and strategic support whilst also performing your operational tasks. We have also shown you a realistic career path one of our finance colleagues has taken before. Be inspired!
- Moving from left to right, you will acquire and foster more competencies, while you develop in your seniority. On the right hand side for example, there are very senior roles requiring most competencies, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- There's no limit to your development: We often see people starting in an Accounting role and then moving on to a Controlling role, sometimes even out of finance into another Hilti department. The outlined career path is just an example out of many options - let your curiosity shape your career!
FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
- You are a strategic leader and deliver financial results which drive business priorities.
- You own the entire performance management and investment process of the market organization.
- You are head of finance for the market and part of the organization’s Executive Management Team. You have an integral role in the design and implementation of the company strategy for your market. Most Finance Business Partners lead a market or sales organization, but you can also lead a business unit or a plant.
- You will lead from a commercial and holistic business perspective.
- You influence, educate, develop and support all leaders and team members to ensure the business performance required to achieve our value creation strategy.
- You are an integral member of the finance community, providing impact as a business partner.
- You demonstrate insight through financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts.
- You provide practical counsel to drive business results.
CREDIT & COLLECTION SPECIALIST
- You work on all Credit & Collection activities to ensure full compliance with corporate and local credit policies.
- You actively contribute to the reduction of Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Accounts Receivable (AR) aging objectives.
- You own and manage both the critical collection operations and the entire process of customer credit risk assessment within your area of scope.
FINANCE OUTPERFORMER TRAINEE
- You aspire to a global leadership career with a desire to gain a well-rounded understanding of multiple functional areas of finance and exposure to senior leaders.
- You will gain critical commercial knowledge through a solid understanding of our business model based on your sales experience in the first year of the program.
- Through your diverse experiences in the first two years, you will engage your stakeholders and lead with a holistic business experience.
- You are excited to participate in different activities, such as a Social Responsibility project and additional training programs with one of the top global Universities.
Martina Giot, Head of Finance for the Region Middle East, Turkey and Africa, talks about her goals, international working opportunities, successes and challenges during her cross-functional career.
Read more about her journey with Hilti, which started nine years ago in France.
Lifelong learning with the Finance Academy
Our expectations are high, therefore we will do everything to help you nurture your potential and shape your own career.
We are very proud of our own Hilti Finance Academy, which offers role-specific learning programs supporting your onboarding experience and helping your further development.
Alongside our learning principles of learner centricity, experience orientation, just-in-time learning and flexibility of learning, the Finance Academy puts a big focus on peer-to-peer learning, therefore our learning resources are created by colleagues performing in the same role as you.
Through our learning programs you'll have access to a network of colleagues you can learn from and share your experiences with. Everyone in Hilti Finance has an Individual Development Plan, meaning that we will support your development within your current role, or if you have a target role in mind and we think you're well suited, we'll do our best to support you on your journey to get there.
"A lot of very senior people have invested a lot of time into our FBP-Journey, into our improvement, into our learning. It's great to see that the values are actually in place here and Hilti really values our development going forward.”
Can Turkseven, Finance Business Partner, Turkey
Our Global Management Development Program puts you right in the centre of our customer-focused business model and gives you full responsibility from day one. You'll receive coaching and mentoring from your CFO while you broaden your experience through a range of international management projects in Finance. Learn, grow and carve your own Finance career, while building a great network of likeminded professionals along the way.