Outperformer trainee - Hilti Global Management program
What's the role?
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period we’ll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you at the center of our customer-focused business model.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
As an Account Manager/ Sales Representative in the first year, you’ll learn everything about our customers and how to meet their needs; in the second year of the program you’ll get involved with various business-critical assignments.
The program is split into four main stages of work:
-12 months as an Account Manager or Field Engineer in Latvia
- 3 months on an operational project at national headquarters. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters.
- 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa
What do we offer?
Courses and events:
- Leadership training – a course at a renowned European business school.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti.
- Global summit – 4 - 5 days at head office in Schaan (Liechtenstein) with involvement of the Hilti Executive Board.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’ improving life conditions for those in need.
Why should you apply?
Ours is a high-performing culture for very driven people. If you’ve never worked in the construction industry, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate, with a master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, and up to two years, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – fluent in Latvian and in English – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
As part of your interview process, you’ll have the chance to talk to different people within Hilti. Once you have passed the local interviews successfully, you will be nominated for regional Assessment Centre which will take place from June 28 till July 2, 2021.
“You have access to Hilti’s most senior leaders - to the executive board and to the top local leaders too. It really helps with developing your own career, as you can find out about all the different roles and paths they’ve taken.”