Area Sales Manager - Mongolia
What's the role?
The position of Area Sales Manager has an overall responsibility of Sales and Business Development and Results in Mongolia. The Manager acts within the approved guidelines and visions, outlined in approved short and long-term budget plans between all parties involved. They take corrective actions whenever necessary and drives change management at all levels whenever necessary and in alignment with the partner organization.
Who are Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The ASM is responsible for driving the overall direction and coordination of all activities of Hilti within Mongolia. They will lead the implementation of the strategic direction in order to support efficiently the country targets and initiatives as well as to ensure high level of customer satisfaction. They will be responsible for maximizing sales profitability and growing the customer base while ensuring that Hilti maintains its position in our industry. The ASM is responsible for recruiting, integrating and developing talents as well as proactively developing and executing a seamless succession planning.
The Hilti ASM will conduct themselves in an efficient and professional manner within the principles of Hilti’s Compliance policy and ensures that the employees follow those.
The Area Sales Manager will:
- Develop a three to five years vision for Hilti Mongolia that is fully calibrated with Sub-Region plans together with Distributor.
- Drive and motivate the team to achieve business targets by building and keeping strong team work spirit at all times.
- Steer Hilti Sales, Marketing and Engineering organisation inorder to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Coach the members of the assigned sales team to achieve outstanding results, four days in the field per week.
- Plan and manage sales territories to achieve targets based on profitable potential and effective sales territory management.
- Utilise all elements of the Hilti Sales Management (HSM) to analyse, implement and control the opportunities within territory.
- Target appropriate customer groups to ensure successful introduction of new products.
- Coordinate with Logistics and Marketing responsibilities to maintain right stock levels.
- Monitor, correct and improve activities to ensure that those KPI’s and agreed bottom line targets will be achieved.
- Develop personal and talents within the organisation.Recruit, select, develop, train, promote, retain and motivate subordinates to support their personnel development and maximise their productivity.
- Report regularly to Local Distribution Owner and Regional Sales Director on KPI’s and Key Initiative achievements.
- Actively manage a balanced partner relationship between Hilti and Local Partner/Representative.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team. We’ll give you lots of responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
We would love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years sales experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Leadership role.
- Ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts.
- Excellent time and territory management skills.
- Self-confident, self-motivated.
- Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, and smartphones.
- Fluent in Mongolian and English Language (Turkish is also preferred)